Japan’s government said on Tuesday it wanted Toshiba and partner Western Digital to cooperate, expressing concern about an escalating dispute between the two that threatens to upend the sale of Toshiba’s chip unit. Western Digital sought international arbitration this week to stop Toshiba from selling the unit without its consent, arguing that the Japanese conglomerate […]
Toshiba has told Western Digital not to interfere with the sale of its prized chip unit, disputing claims by the US firm that it had breached a joint venture contract. Western Digital, which is a partner in Toshiba’s main semiconductor plant as well as one of the bidders for the chip business, has argued that […]
Japan’s Toshiba Corp revealed additional accounting irregularities on Friday after a multi-billion dollaraccounting scandal last year, rekindling doubts over the company’s pledge to improve transparency. The laptops-to-nuclear conglomerate said it had overstated past profits by JPY 5.8 billion (roughly Rs. 344 crores) on a pretax basis due to seven new accounting errors, on top of […]
- Amazon’s Use of Merchant Data Under EU Microscope
- MIT Researchers Develop AI-Based Device That Can Wirelessly Monitor Health
- Google, Others to Work With Japan to Help Monitor Illegal Fishing
- NASA’s New TESS Telescope Shares First Image in Hunt for New Worlds
- We surely need good education, and in English!